Discover how to take your game to the next level with tips for point guards, perimeter players, and post players.
Basketball Player Tips & Development
Many of the tips on this site we're provided by coaches with years of experience at the high school and Div I college levels. Not to mention, contributions were made by NBA player development coach Don Kelbick who works with players like Raja Bell, Bruce Bowen, Carlos Arroyo, and more...
Before digging into the tips below, be sure to pick up our free eBook with 20 Top Tips for Aspiring Basketball Players (if you haven't already done so). This is a must read eBook written by NBA Player Development coach Don Kelbick.
Top 10 Individual Basketball Drills for Players
- Ray Allen Shooting Drill
- Keving Durant Shooting Workout and Drills
- VIDEO of Two Ball Dribbling Drills
- Chair Changes
- Two Up, Two Back
- 10 Spot Shooting Drill
- Chair Pivot
- Backboard Taps
- Defense Reaction
- 4 Spot Fastbreak Shooting Drill
Top 10 Articles for Players
- 10 Tips Guaranteed To Get You More Playing Time - Impress Your Coaches & Friends With These Great Tips.
- Improve Shot - Use This Simple Trick To Quickly Improve Your Shot
- Scoring Without the Ball - Make Yourself Unguardable By Watching This Video With NBA Player Richard Hamilton.
- Basketball Scholarship - Tips on How To Get a Basketball Scholarship
- Defensive Stance - 10 Keys to A Great Defensive Stance
- Quicker Shot - Shoot Lightning-Quick Like Stephen Curry
- Mental Tips - Improve Your Game Without Touching a Basketball
- Offseason Tips - 12 Surefire Basketball Tips for the Offseason
- Rebounding - Dominate The Boards With These Tips and Diagrams. Check Out the Video With NBA Player Dwight Howard.
- Defensive Pressure - Learn the Secrets to Becoming a Great Defender By Watching This Video With NBA Player Bruce Bowen.
Player Development SectionFor more drills, tips, and articles on how to become a great player, go to https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/fundamentals/basketballfundamentals.html
Basketball Camps and Regional TrainingIf you are looking to take your game to the next level through basketball camps and regional training, check out these pages.
Breakthrough Basketball Skill Development Camps
Regional Skill Training and Player Development
Questions & AnswersIf you have any questions about basketball, post your questions on our forum.
A group of very experienced and knowledgable coaches monitor the forum and answer questions.