4 Spot Fastbreak Shooting Drill
This drill is great to work on shooting off the fast break. You can do it by yourself or with a partner. We also show you how to work ball handling into this drill, so you can manage your time better.
- Start at half court with a ball.
- Spin the ball towards the 3-point line area. Spin the ball high enough to get there in one bounce.
- Run under the ball and step-into a jump shot.
- Get your own rebound. If you miss, score a lay up.
- When dribbling the ball back to half-court, perform a dribble move at the 3-point line. That way, you can work on ball-handling at the same time.
- Once, you get back to half court, do the same thing again.
- If working with a partner, you can have the partner position himself a little above the 3-point line and make passes to you as you start running from half-court.
- Pick 4 spots on the floor and take a few shots from each spot.
** If you would like more shooting drills and shooting workouts, check out our Attack & Counter Workout App developed by NBA skills trainer Don Kelbick.
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...