Defense Reaction Drill - Players
This is a great all around drill that improves your defensive speed, quickness, and agility. It also improves conditioning and jumping. If you work hard, you'll see results on the court.
- Sprint to half court.
- Defensive slide diagonally towards the sideline.
- Once, you reach the baseline, swing your inside foot back (defensive drop step) and slide back towards the hoop.
- Run to the free throw line.
- When you reach the free throw line, get down in your defensive stance and slide laterally to the sideline, touch the sideline, and slide back.
- Once, you get back to the middle of the court, sprint to the opposite hoop and do 10 rim touches. If you can not reach the rim, touch the net or backboard instead.
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...