Overload - Against Zone Defenses
This is a twist to the overload play from last month's newsletter so that it will work against zone defenses. It's very effective and simple to teach.
Players 4 & 5 should be your strongest post players. Players 1, 2, & 3 should have the capability to dribble drive and shoot the outside shot.
- Player 1 passes to either Player 2 or Player 3 on the wing.
- After Player 1 passes the ball to Player 2: Player 1 cuts to the corner.
- Player 3 goes to the top of the key.
- Player 5 flashes to the high post.
If nothing is available on the overload, Player 2 will pass the ball to the top of the key.
- When the ball is passed to the top of the key, Player 5 will set a screen on the middle guy of the zone and Player 4 will flash to an opening in the middle of the lane.
- Player 3 should pass the ball to Player 4 if it is open.
Dynamic Zone Offense Plays Against Any Zone Defense
Double - Zone Offense Play For 2-3 Zones, 3-2 Zones, and 1-3-1 Zones
Zone Out of Bounds (Inbounds) Plays
Basketball Plays and The Art of Running Set Plays and Scoring More Points
|Beating the Zone - 75 Set Plays to Score Against Zone Defense|
In this eBook, you will find 75 zone plays that you can use against any zone defense. It includes 2-3 zone plays, 3-2 zone plays, 1-3-1 zone plays, baseline out of bounds plays, and multi-purpose zone plays. You will also learn how to exploit the weaknesses of zone defenses, learn new ideas for running zone plays, and much more ... (more info)