Double - Basketball Play for All Zone Defenses
This play works great against any zone defense but works especially well against the 2-3 zone. It will get you an easy basket in the low post or an open 3 point shot. It can be used at the end of the game/period or any time when you need to good look at the basket.
Player #5 should be your best post player and player #3 should be your best three point shooter.
Player 1 passes to Player 2.
- Player 3 starts out on the left block and pops out when the ball is passed to Player 2.
Player 2 passes to Player 3.
- Player 3 returns the pass to Player 2.
As soon as 3 passes the ball back to Player 2, he runs to the opposite corner.
If Player 3 is denied that initial pass, Player 3 just makes his cut to the opposite corner, and Player 2 passes to Player 1.
- Player 4 sets a screen on the middle guy of the zone and 5 opens to the ball. It is important for Player 4 to wait to set the screen until Player 3 has run by them on the baseline.
- Player 1 passes the ball to Player 5. Player 4 goes to the opposite block for weak side rebounding. It is important for Player 4 to only hold the screen for a fast 2-count to avoid the 3-second call in the lane.
- If player 5 is covered, Player 1 should pass to Player 3. At the same time, Player 5 should be reestablishing post position.
- If the outside guy of the zone (Defensive Player 4) closes out on Player 3 in time to prevent the shot, a bounce pass by Player 3 to Player 5 should be open.
Related Pages and Helpful Resources
Dynamic Zone Offense Plays Against Any Zone Defense
Zone Out of Bounds (Inbounds) Plays
Basketball Plays and The Art of Running Set Plays and Scoring More Points
Pitt - Great Zone Offense Play Used To Beat Syracuse's 2-3 Zone
|Beating the Zone - 75 Set Plays to Score Against Zone Defense|
In this eBook, you will find 75 zone plays that you can use against any zone defense. It includes 2-3 zone plays, 3-2 zone plays, 1-3-1 zone plays, baseline out of bounds plays, and multi-purpose zone plays. You will also learn how to exploit the weaknesses of zone defenses, learn new ideas for running zone plays, and much more ... (more info)