Pitt - Great Zone Play Used To Beat Syracuse's 2-3 Zone
If you have a point guard who is a solid decision maker, this play can work at any level. I've seen it used by Pittsburgh against Syracuse's deadly 2-3 zone, and I've used it with 12 year olds as well.
Player 1 should be a good penetrator with the ability to hit the mid-range jump shot. Player 5 should be able to set a good screen. Player 4 should be able to score underneath the basket and Player 3 should be a good perimeter shooter.
- Player 2 will bring the ball up on the left side. (S)he makes the top guy of the zone commit to him/her.
Once the defender commits, Player 2 passes to Player 1 who should've floated near the top of the key.
- As the pass is being thrown, Player 5 comes to set a screen on the outside guy on the top of the zone.
- That's why it is important for Player 1 to slide over to the top of the key to set up the defensive player.
Player 1 will dribble off the screen. If nobody steps up to guard him, (s)he will shoot the 12-15 foot jump shot.
Soon as Player 1 starts to dribble Player 4 will cut underneath the hoop to the ball side and Player 3 will float to the corner.
- Player 2 cuts to the weakside to keep the defensive Player #3 honest.
- If the outside person on the bottom of the zone takes away Player 1's shot and the middle person takes away the pass to Player 4. Player 3 will be wide open for an outside shot.
- If the defensive player covers the outside shot and the middle guy of the zone covers Player 1, Player 4 should be open underneath the hoop.
Double - Zone Offense Play For 2-3 Zones, 3-2 Zones, and 1-3-1 Zones
Basketball Plays and The Art of Running Set Plays and Scoring More Points
Dynamic Zone Offense Plays Against Any Zone Defense
Zone Out of Bounds (Inbounds) Plays
|Beating the Zone - 75 Set Plays to Score Against Zone Defense|
In this eBook, you will find 75 zone plays that you can use against any zone defense. It includes 2-3 zone plays, 3-2 zone plays, 1-3-1 zone plays, baseline out of bounds plays, and multi-purpose zone plays. You will also learn how to exploit the weaknesses of zone defenses, learn new ideas for running zone plays, and much more ... (more info)
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...