Overload 2 - Against Zone Defenses
This is a variation to the last overload play. It will get you many open opportunities underneath the hoop, if ran correctly.
Players 4 & 5 should be your strongest post players. Players 1, 2, & 3 should have the capability to dribble drive and shoot the outside shot.
- Player 1 passes to either Player 2 or Player 3 on the wing.
- After Player 1 passes the ball to Player 2: Player 1 cuts to the corner.
- Player 3 goes to the top of the key.
- Player 4 flashes from the block to the high post.
- Player 2 passes the ball to Player 4 in the high post.
- As soon as Player 4 receives the ball, Player 5 cuts underneath the hoop.
- If the defense comes to Player 4, Player 5 is often wide open underneath the hoop for the lay up.
- If the defense does not come up to Player 4, (s)he can attack the basket with the dribble drive or shoot an open jump shot.
Beating the Zone - 75 Set Plays to Score Against Zone Defense
Dynamic Zone Offense Plays Against Any Zone Defense
Zone Out of Bounds (Inbounds) Plays
Basketball Plays and The Art of Running Set Plays and Scoring More Points