All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2020, 19:35 

I'm going to go against the grain of the replies so far and say that it affected my life a lot. Everything from jobs/social life/school/mental health was severely negatively impacted by my fat. Mainly in terms of confidence. Didn't feel like I could wear cute or revealing clothes, because they honestly did not look good at all. Got sweaty often and easily. Little to no quality interest from the opposite sex. Chub rub is horrible, as is the excess hair growth that often comes with being an overweight woman. I basically just felt uncomfortable in my own body, all the time. My thoughts were consumed with how chubby I was, what I was or wasn't eating, how to lose weight. I put off doing a lot of things "until I lost the weight" and there was a lot of things I wouldn't allow myself or felt like I didn't deserve because of my weight. I peaked at 5' 150 lbs, so I was never even huge. I have since lost 40 lbs and the difference is incredible. My life is 1000 times better in every aspect. Not just the way I look, but my self esteem/mental health, job prospects, social life, the way I carry myself and so on. All of that is vastly different. Honestly, getting healthy is without a doubt the best thing I've done for myself in my life so far.

I think the answers you will get from currently obese women and/or women who have always been heavy will be quite different from those of us who have been on both sides of the equation. I think people who've never experienced being a healthy weight may not even realize how much different and better it is.