Video & eBook - The Hybrid Flex Offense with Don Kelbick
Dear Basketball Coach,
This video teaches you the very popular "base flex offense" and then builds on the traditional base offense by showing you new variations, options, entries, and concepts that turn it into the "Hybrid Flex Offense".
Don has a unique way to teach the flex and he shares the methods and ideas that have worked for him as a high school and college coach. Don gives some great advice on running an effective traditional flex offense. But he takes things to another level by showing you how to add options to the offense making it unpredictable and difficult to guard.
Once you are able to implement the options, the offense can become incredibly effective because players can make reads in the offense throwing the defense off balance. At any time during the base flex, a player can see an opportunity to run an "option" and get a quick score. Players feel empowered, defenses get confused, and your flex continuity offense takes on some "motion" benefits and characteristics.
Who is Don Kelbick?
Some of Don Kelbick's credentials include:
- Over 35 years of basketball coaching experience at the high school, division I college, and professional levels.
- Has provided individual training for more than 14 different NBA players, 50 European and professional players, and hundreds of college basketball players.
- Developed dozens of basketball videos and books.
- Inventor of the highly acclaimed Attack & Counter Skill development system.
- Traveled to over 20 different countries training players and teaching basketball.
- Conducted over 1000 basketball clinics and camps training players of all age levels.
Don Kelbick is a long time contributor to BreakthroughBasketball.com developing dozens of articles, products, and providing ongoing consultation for the site. He also runs the Attack and Counter Skill Development Camps which are offered nationwide. Don currently lives in Miami Florida training players and running the Drillz N Skillz Basketball Academy.
What You'll Get in this Video & eBook Package
The Video includes:
Chapter 1 - Introduction and Core Concepts
- Benefits of the flex offense
- Overview of the system
- Basic philosophy and getting started the right way
Chapter 2 - Base Continuity Pattern
- How to teach the base flex offense step-by-step
- The scoring opportunities and how to execute each opportunity
- Teaching points and the keys to making your base flex offense effective
- How to teach spacing
- Offensive timing
- Setting up screens and executing fundamentals
- How to deviate from the offense and maintain continuity
Chapter 3 - Eight Alternate Entries
- Learn 8 different entries to initiate the flex offense
- How to enter the ball and initiate the offense with minimal resistance
- Early scoring opportunities and options for quick scores
Chapter 4 - Pressure Releases
- How to handle defensive pressure and denied passes
- How to beat defenses that switch on screens
- How to maintain proper spacing and keep the ball in the operating zone under intense pressure
- What to do when passing options are not available
Chapter 5 - Flex Options
- How to teach unique scoring options and variations from the flex offense
- 5 highly effective scoring options out of the flex continuity
- How to get your best players the shots you want
- How to read and counter the defense
Chapter 6 - Flex Drills
- Drills to improve skills within the offense
- How to develop your own drills
Chapter 7 - Closing Thoughts
- Answers to common questions
- How to deal with common obstacles and challenges when implementing the flex
- Keys to make the offense effective
- Putting it all together and implementing the offense with your team
Approx running time is 80 minutes.
41 Page Supplemental eBook
For your convenience, we have diagrammed the options, entries, tips, and drills included in the Hybrid Flex Offense Video. We also documented a step-by-step process for you to implement the offense.
Access the PDF eBook from your computer's DVD-ROM drive.
Why Should You Consider the Hybrid Flex Offense?
The Hybrid Flex offense is a very effective offense that is based on a continuity pattern. All 5 players get to play all 5 positions, which is excellent for player development.
You will have great spacing, player movement, and ball movement. With the constant passing, cutting, flex screens, and screen the screener actions, it can be a nightmare for defenses to guard.
With the way that Don teaches the counters and motion principles, it is also highly adaptable. The way that he simplifies the structure and constant flow of the offense, the defense will never know what is coming because when you go to a counter he teaches you how to transition seamlessly back into the continuity. On one possession, you can see flex pattern, counter, counter, flex pattern, flex pattern, flex pattern, counter, flex pattern, counter, and so on. With proper teaching, your offense will execute this perfectly.
To emphasize the strengths of your players, Don will also teach you how to get your ball handlers opportunities to attack the rim, how to get your shooters open shots, and your post players more touches.
Part of the reason this offense is so popular and so effective is because it's based on a screening action that is very difficult to stop, even when you know it's coming.
Then add the fact that there are unlimited options when running the hybrid flex offense, it becomes even harder to stop. If the defense does one thing, there is always a counter and simple way for the offense to react. You can start simple and add options as players get comfortable.
There is no limit to the advancement of this offense. You can start very simple. And then slowly advance with no limits. You probably don't realize it, but this offense is very popular at the college and NBA levels. In 2012, the Bulls, Hawks, Jazz, Magic, and Heat all ran variations of the flex offense. Each team had a unique way to run the offense.
This is another reason why the hybrid flex is so hard to stop, there is no one set way to run it, so you can't really prepare for it. That's tough for coaches and defenses.
This might sound complicated, but I can assure you it's not. It's simple and works at all levels of play (youth to the NBA).
60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Just like any reputable bookstore or retail business, we have a 100% money back guarantee too.
If for any reason, your purchase is not what you expected, just send us a message and we'll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Once you click the "Join Now" button, you’ll be taken to the "My Cart" page to review your order.
From there, simply click "Proceed to Checkout" and you’ll be taken to our 100% Secure Payment page.
Just enter your contact and billing information to complete your purchase.
This Flex DVD is the best EVER! I have coached for about 8 years now....always looking for ways to improve my teams skill set. I have brought over 12 DVD's in the past year (Paid Big Money) but none could come close to this! If you need an offense that has movement, screens and cutting this is IT! It not only teaches players but it's taught me how to become a better coach.
Thank you and God Bless!!!
Our coaches will now be able to hold a viewing session prior to the practical session with their teams which suits today's youth.
Many thanks for this opportunity.
Yours in BASKETBALL
Francis Douglas Memorial College
He did an outstanding job breaking down the flex offense. Coach Kelbick describe how to teach your players on the importance of setting screens , and his and scoring opportunities your players will have. Also how to entry in to the flex form the 1-3-1, 1-2-2 1-4 high ect. Also gives you drills on how to teach your players. Since buying this dvd and facing man to man, We always break down the defense. 7th and 8th grade teams watch out!!!
Easy to teach.
Coaches don't play ZONE DEFENSE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL
What was perhaps even more impressive (at least in my mind) was when I e-mailed a question, Don e-mailed me back (and Jeff did as well).
Your extra efforts are appreciated--keep up the good work.