Flex Offense Plays - Strong Side Ball Screen Off Corner Pass
This flex offense play gets you a variety of looks off the ball screen. It develops from the flex offense corner option.
This flex offense play works especially well if you have a guard that is a good decision maker and play maker. You can get a bucket off of the pick and roll, a pass off of a double screen for your shooter, or a dump down pass to one of the screeners.
Take a look at the flex play in the diagrams below...
- Player 1 passes to Player 2 in the corner.
- Player 1 runs the basic flex off of the corner pass option by screening away.
- Players recognize that their playmaker (3) received the ball from the corner.
- Players 1 and 4 move into position to set a double screen.
- Player 5 comes up to set a ball screen.
- Players 1 and 4 set a double screen for Player 2.
- Player 2 cuts off the double screen.
- Player 3 uses the ball screen.
- Player 3 can drive to the basket, pass to Player 2 for the shot, hit Player 4 slipping the screen, or hit Player 5 who will either be rolling to the basket or popping for the shot.
- If Player 5 rolls to the block, Player 3 can dribble back and pass to Player 5 on the block for a post up opportunity.
- If there are no scoring opportunities, Player 3 can pass to Player 2.
- Players are now in their flex spots and the offense can continue.
The Dynamic Flex Offense With Video - Basketball Continuity Offense
Using the Flex Offense Versus a Zone Defense
Flex Offense Drills - Screen the Screener Shooting Drill
3 Essential Flex Offense Plays From the 1-4 High Entry Set
|The Hybrid Flex Offense with Don Kelbick
This DVD set includes the basic flex pattern, how to introduce hybrid options and motion counters, how to teach the flex, 8 alternate entries to disguise and initiate the flex offense, how to handle all defensive situations such as pressure and switching, 5 highly effective scoring options out of the flex offense, and flex drills to develop the offense. This DVD is 80 minutes long and neatly organized ... (more info)
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...