With Tennis Ball Toss
This is a fun drill that players of all ages will enjoy. It improves hand-eye coordination, catching, and dribbling. It also forces
the players to keep their heads up while dribbling the basketball.
I found this drill from Coach Springer of San Antonio, Texas. You can contact him at his website: http://www.spartanpt.com/
- Each player starts facing each other with a basketball & a tennis ball.
- The players shuffle sideways while dribbling down the court and passing the tennis ball back and forth to each other.
- Vary the height of the tennis ball tosses.
- Cross the ball over to the other hand after each tennis ball toss. (Crossover, Behind-the-Back, Between-the-Legs)
- Rather than shuffling, run up and down the court. To make it easier at first, player on the right side would have to dribble with their right hand and the player on the left side would have to dribble with their left hand.
Related Products & Articles60 Fun Drills & Games
Video Clips and Diagrams of Two Ball Dribbling Moves & Drills
9 Tips To Improve Your Dribbling & Ball Handling
SKLZ Court Vision - Dribble Goggles
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...