Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Rebounding Drill: Reaction Rebounding
This rebounding drill has an interesting twist that nicely simulates game situations. This drill will help your players find the opponent and get them blocked out!
Points of Emphasis
Continually tell your players...
- Put a body on someone and block them out!
- Make sure you communicate and get everyone blocked out.
- Stay low when blocking out.
- Use proper form when blocking out -- find your defender then back pivot into them.
- Always keep your elbows out after securing the rebound. Make a good outlet pass to the coach.
Motivation / Teaching Tips
Tip #1 - You can make the drill competitive by tracking the number of rebounds the offense and defense gets. Award the winner or make the losing team run.
Related Articles and ProductsBasketball Rebounding Tips & Drills eBook
More Rebounding Drills
Don Kelbick's Rebounding Tips, Strategy, and Fundamentals
Do you have any suggestions or questions for this drill? Let us know by leaving your comments...