This is a great drill to work on shooting close to the basket. It's a great warm up drill to start every shooting workout with. Rebounding and quick feet also play a role in this drill.
- Stand to one side of the basket slightly inside of the block facing the baseline. Jump and power the ball up for a lay up. Make sure to use the backboard.
- Soon as you land, jump back up and rebound the ball out of the net. Try to rebound the ball as high as possible. When you grab the ball, keep it above your head.
Your jump should transition you to the other side of the hoop. If you shoot on the right side, your jump should take you to the left side.
- Continue the process side to side working on your left and right hands.
- Continue this pattern back and forth for a set number of repetitions.
- Explode towards the basket on every jump.
- Get the ball up and off the glass. Aim for the top corner of the square.
- Reverse Mikan - Mikan back and forth with your back to the baseline instead of facing the baseline.
- One Leg - Jump off one leg back and forth. You can do this with Mikan and Reverse Mikan.
Related Products & ArticlesHow To Develop High Scoring and Highly Skilled Post Players
More Basketball Post Player Drills
Drop Step Counter - VIDEO
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...