Rebounding Drill - Fight For It
This is 1 of the 50+ Rebounding Drills we included in our new Basketball Rebounding eBooks.
Drill Purpose:This drill emphasizes the use of proper box out techniques to maintain the inside position for the rebound, as well as the aggressive pursuit of the ball.
- Divide the team into two groups of five. Give one team jerseys to wear.
- Have one team stand on the center circle, facing the middle. The other team stands behind them.
- Set the ball in the middle of the circle.
- On the whistle, the team on the outside attempts to get into the middle to retrieve the ball.
- The team on the inside must box out the opposing team to keep them from getting to the basketball.
- This is a rough drill emphasize to players not to take it too far. Keep track of how many times each team gets the ball and offer discipline.
- Do NOT allow diving.
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...