Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Announcing Breakthrough Basketball Complete Youth Skills Camp
Coming to Indianapolis, Indiana!
August 1-3, 2017
Elite Skills Coach Aundrey Wright!
We're excited to announce our 3 day Youth Skills Camp coming to Indianapolis, Indiana. This is a youth and middle school camp that focuses on developing the complete player. You will develop shooting, ball handling, passing, footwork, defense, rebounding, athleticism, and other essential skills to become a great a basketball player.
- You will learn the techniques and skill needed to become a great shooter.
- You will learn the essential skills to becoming a great ball handler… no fluff.
- You will learn how to make more layups by being more crafty. Make it tougher to get your shot blocked and be more efficient around the rim.
- You will learn how to become a defensive stopper and rebounding machine.
- You will learn the critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- Basically, we will teach you all of the critical skills and concepts that coaches love and help players excel.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
Ball Handling techniques John Wall uses to have some of the finest handles in the game today
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Dribbles move to help you blow by the defense at will.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
Shooting drills that have made players like Steph Curry and Klay Thompson become two of the most prolific shooters in the world
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing will be covered to become more crafty around the rim like the layup king Kyrie Irving
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
Defense and Rebounding strategies Kawhi Leonard uses to become a lockdown defender
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense.
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals.
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs.
- How position away from the ball and be a great team defensive player.
- How to effectively box out your man every time.
Offense - Learn some of the principals the San Antonio Spurs have used to be one of the best offenses in the last 20 years
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- How to attack down screens, back screens, and more.
Footwork - Want to be like Kevin Durant? He makes the game look easy by having some of the most fundamentally sound footwork in the NBA
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- How to utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
Passing has become a lost art unless you're Chris Paul, use these drills to make you a multi-dimensional player
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills with the Steve Nash passing series.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
Competitive Play and Controlled Scrimmages
Players will also get to take the skills they practiced and apply them in a game setting. This is fun and intense.
The games are set up, so the players have to give maximum effort and execute proper fundamentals. Players earn points for proper play and are deducted points for poor effort and execution.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for boys & girls 4th-9th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.
Who is Aundrey Wright?Coach Wright has over 22 years of experience including stints at 7 different colleges; man of high integrity; dedicated professional; demonstrated leader; a tireless worker and effective communicator; determined to motivate students.
- Served an integral role in leading University of Indianapolis to 6 straight NCAA Tournament appearances (2010 – 2016)
- Instrumental is helping Univ. of Indianapolis climb to as high at #1 in the nation during the 2014-2015 season
- Developed three All-American guards as an assistant at the University of Indianapolis
- At Southern Illinois, instrumental is helping team secure an NIT bid and advance to the second round
- At California University of PA, instrumental is earning co-champs of the PSAC and #16 nationally ranking
- At St. Louis CC – Meramec, developed All-American Mike Branson and advanced to the NJCAA National Tournament
- Additional camp coaching experience includes: University of Kansas, University of Illinois, University of Oklahoma, St. Louis University, St. Mary’s College, Southwest Missouri State, Stephen Bardo Camp, Ballstar, Rich Falk Basketball Camp, Shoot 4 The Stars, and a variety of Breakthrough Basketball Camps
Tuesday August 1, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Wednesday August 2, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday August 3, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Each session is limited to 0 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvement
The camp is COMPLETE!
Jonathan Byrd Fieldhouse at Grand Park
200 E 186th St
Westfield, IN 46074
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.