Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Elite Youth Scoring & Playmaking Camp
June 5 - 7, 2018
Elite Skills Coach Prileu Davis!
You improve your shooting, ball handling, passing, athleticism footwork, decision-making, and 1 on 1 moves to take your game to the next level.
You will learn
- Game like shooting drills to drive up your shooting percentage.
- How to create more uncontested shots with dribble moves that create at least 2-3 feet of separation from your defender.
- Advanced hand-eye coordination and ball handling drills that will accelerate your feel for the basketball. These drills will make dribbling during game situations feel easy.
- How to develop an explosive first step. This is probably one of the most important aspects of being a playmaker, but it is rarely broken down and taught properly. Learn about the proper shin angle, head position, shoulder position, and hip position.
- Advanced finishing moves will be taught, such as finishing with the inside hand, wrong/goofy foot, taking away defenders angle by using the rim and making a defender go through you to get a traditional 3 point play.
- Critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- How the top pros create advantages which allow them to make plays for themselves and their teammates.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Live ball moves to help you blow by the defense at will. You will learn how to shift (or setup) the defender with your body and feet.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to stay in attack mode, dictate the tempo, and control the defense.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers, finish over larger players in the paint, and make more shots.
- How to finish through contact
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- Attacking down screens, back screens, and more.
- How to score and make plays using ball screens. Learn how to run defenders into screens and make lightning quick decisions.
- How to use dribble hand off actions to attack the defense and put them in a constant disadvantage.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- Utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills that make players like Chris Paul one of the best playmakers in the game.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
- How to be strong and pass out of double teams and traps.
Competitive Play and Controlled Scrimmages
Players will also get to take the skills they practiced and apply them in a game setting. This is a way fun to improve through competition.
The games are set up, so the players have to give maximum effort and execute proper fundamentals. Point systems are set up, so players develop great habits that will help them succeed at the next level.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for both boys & girls 4th-9th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.
Who is Prileu Davis?
Moon Valley High School, Phoenix 1996-2000
* 4-year Varsity letterman and starter
* 2nd Team All-Conference as a freshman, 3x First Team All-Conference, 3x All-Defensive Team
* 1998 Arizona 4A State Champion
* 2x McDonald’s All-American Nominee
University of Louisville 2002-2003
* Recruited by and played for Hall of Fame Coach Rick Pitino
* 2003 Conference USA Championship
* 2003 Advanced to the NCAA Tournament Second Round
* 2002 Suffered a fractured left eye orbit and underwent reconstructive surgery during junior season
Grand Canyon University 2004-2005
* 2005 NCAA Division II Independent Defensive Player of the Year
* 2005 First Team NCAA Division II Independent All-American
Professional playing experience with ABA, IBL, CIPACOPA, invited to tryout with NBA Phoenix Suns
* 2009 – Present Skill development and performance enhancement training with beginner to professional athletes (Basketball Science LLC, Owner)
* 2015-2017 Varsity Assistant Coach and Freshmen Assistant Coach at Valley Vista High School
* Assisted in several student athletes acquiring athletic scholarships at the Division I, Division II, Junior College and NAIA levels
* Assisted collegiate graduate athletes in attaining professional playing employment overseas and in the NBA G League
* 2017-2018 Scout Team Player with the Phoenix Mercury
* 2016-2018 NBA G League Player Development Coach with Northern Arizona Suns
Tuesday June 5, 2018 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Wednesday June 6, 2018 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday June 7, 2018 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Each session is limited to 40 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvement
The camp is COMPLETE!
1090 N. Fiesta Blvd. Suite 101
Gilbert, AZ 85233
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.