Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Youth Skills Camp
Developing The Complete Player
Juneau, Alaska - June 5-7, 2017
Elite Skills Coach Brice Searles!
This is a youth and middle school camp in Juneau, AK that focuses on developing the
complete player. You will develop shooting, ball handling, passing,
footwork, defense, rebounding, athleticism, and other essential skills
to become a great a basketball player.
- You will learn the techniques and skill needed to become a great shooter.
- You will learn the essential skills to becoming a great ball handlerů no fluff.
- You will learn how to make more lay ups.
- You will learn how to become a defensive stopper and rebounding machine.
- You will learn the critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- Basically, we will teach you all of the critical skills and concepts that coaches love and help players excel.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Dribbles move to help you blow by the defense at will.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
Defense and Rebounding
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense.
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals.
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs.
- How position away from the ball and be a great team defensive player.
- How to effectively box out your man every time.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- How to attack down screens, back screens, and more.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- How to utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills with the Steve Nash passing series.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
Competitive Play and Controlled Scrimmages
Players will also get to take the skills they practiced and apply them in a game setting. This is fun and intense.
The games are set up, so the players have to give maximum effort and execute proper fundamentals. Players earn points for proper play and are deducted points for poor effort and execution.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for boys & girls entering 3rd-8th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.
Who is Brice Searles?
- Brice is currently the assistant coach/consultant with the 4A Alaska State Champion Juneau Douglas Crimson Bears. Coach Searles himself won back to back 4A Alaska State Basketball Championships in 1996-97 and again in 1997-98 with now NBA Star Carlos Boozer.
- Coach Searles does basketball clinics with Durango Parks and Recreation in Colorado the last 2 years prior to his recent move to Alaska.
- Brice spent 6 years with the Los Angeles Lakers Summer Youth Camps, 2 years at the Michael Jordan Flight School, Snow Valley Basketball School and University Of Colorado Summer Basketball Camps.
He then transferred to Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado for 1 year. He won the R.M.A.C. Scoring Championship at 25.0 pts. per game, was an All-District 7 1st Team leading that region in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots. He was an All-American Honorable Mention in 1985.
Brice then went on to play in the Denver Pro Am league before playing professionally in Quito, Ecuador for 3 years with LaSalle and Liga Deportiva. Coach Searles won the Ecuadorian League Scoring Title there averaging 39.5 points per game and has 3 international scoring records of 60 points twice and 72 points in a game. His team went on to win the Ecuadorian Championship and represented Ecuador in the South American Championship in Caracas, Venezuela.
Coach Searles has a lot of valued experience that he is willing to share with your campers.
Monday June 5, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Tuesday June 6, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Wednesday June 7, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Each session is limited to 100 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvement
The camp is SOLD OUT!
1639 Glacier Ave
Juneau, AK 99801
We will also use Marie Drake, and Harborview
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.