Why You Should Listen?
Texas Tech Head Coach Chris Beard’s coaching style was honed under Bobby Knight, and it has made him one of the top up and coming coaches in the nation. He has amassed a 189-64 record and 23 victories per season over his eight seasons as a head coach. His previous stops include Fort Scott Community College, Seminole State College, McMurry University, Angelo State and Little Rock.
In his interview, Coach Beard will give you lessons he learned from Hall of Fame Coach Bobby Knight, a simple strategy to help your teams win on the road, his successful process that he emphasizes at Texas Tech, how to build relationships with your players, ways to get your team to value the basketball and take great shots, and much more…. There is a lot of beneficial information for coaches, parents and players that coach Beard discusses throughout the show.
Enjoy this episode of The Jim Huber Show!
What You will Hear In This Podcast
- 1:20- The influence of Coach Bobby Knight on Coach Beard’s coaching philosophy
- 2:44- A huge lesson that Coach Beard learned from Coach Knight
- 5:26- Strategies that Coach Beard uses that gets his team to value each possession
- 8:24- The 4 to 1 philosophy that Coach Beard uses to develop mental toughness
- 10:37- How Coach Beard uses a simple board to get his team to win road games
- 12:17- The process is something that Coach Beard emphasizes at Texas Tech
- 14:47- Ways that Texas Tech uses sleep and recovery to maximize performance
- 18:23- What Coach Beard picked up from Avery Johnson to become a great leader
- 19:50- Creating strong relationships with his players is a must for Coach Beard
- 25:17- The inspiration that a 15 year old boy named Eddy has had on Texas Tech
- 29:29- How Coach Beard defines what is a great shot for his players
Please leave a reply if you have any suggestions or comments about what you learned from Coach Chris Beard or hit me up at @jimhubershow
Remember: “Let’s Make The World Better Through Sports”