Man to Man Defense with Jim Huber -- Video 4-Pack & eBooks
"The Ultimate Resource for Man to Man Defense"
Dear Basketball Coach,
Announcing Jim Huber's Man to Man Defense DVD series and eBooks. This is the ultimate resource for man to man defense. You get...
- 4 Videos of comprehensive instruction
- Step by step teaching progression
- 2 complimentary eBooks with all the steps, drills, and key teaching points documented for you
- Over 50 man to man defense drills
- Everything you need to build a dominating man to man defense that shuts down opponents and wins games
This is the most comprehensive man to man defense resource available, by far...
It gives you an extremely thorough and detailed explanation of man to man defense.
Even experienced man to man coaches will find new ideas and approaches that you can implement with your team.
The step-by-step approach and thoughtful organization of the videos makes the resource beneficial for beginner youth coaches, all the way to veteran high school or college coaches.
How to Develop an Elite Man to Man Defense
This product will show you step-by-step how to develop an elite man to man defense. Jim Huber shows you the exact teaching progression he uses every year to pump out elite defensive teams.
We all know that defense gives your team consistency and history proves that championship teams play tough defense...
Besides recruiting players, developing a great defense is the quickest way for you to develop a competitive team. This is why so many coaches emphasize defense. They know that you can develop a great defense a lot quicker than offensive skills. Anyone can play defense.
This video series will help you quickly develop a power-house defense that wins games!
About Jim Huber
Some of Jim Huber's credentials include:
- Over 20 years of basketball coaching experience at the youth, high school, and college levels.
- Coached a team to a 1st place finish at the 2013 Nike Global Challenge.
- Coached at the Nike Elite 100 Camp which selects the top 100 high school players.
- #1 Team Defense at 2013 Nike EYBL which has the top 40 Nike High School teams from North America and consists of 18 regular season games. Qualified for 2013 Nike Peach Jam.
- A head coach for Mokan Basketball. Mokan is a direct Nike sponsor program. In 2012 when Coach Huber was Director of Basketball Operations, Mokan reached the Final Four at the Peach Jam, which only selects the top 24 teams from the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL).
- 45 Championships, 13 Runner-up Finishes, and 26 Final Four Finishes at regional and national tournaments since 2004.
- 42 Collegiate players and 22 at Division 1 level.
Coach Huber is one of the best man to man defense coaches in the country. He has a unique ability to get his players working at an extremely intense level and pump out some of the best defensive teams around.
What You'll Get in this Video and eBook Package
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Learn about Jim Huber and why you should listen to him. You'll also get a brief overview of what will be covered in the video series.
Chapter 2 - Goals of Jim Huber's Man To Man Defense
It's important for you to understand the goals of the defense, philosophy, and what it's trying to accomplish. The primary goal of his defense is simple...
"Don't let the opponent score."
This is accomplished by sealing seams and keeping the ball as far from the basket as possible. No lay ups are allowed in this defense and the only shot allowed is a highly contested jump shot on the perimeter.
The defense is highly adaptable for slow teams that need to pack it in or quick teams that can get out and force more turnovers.
You will learn how Coach Huber frustrates opponents by forcing turnovers, forcing them to take tough outside shots, and dictating the shots allowed.
Chapter 3 - Eleven Keys to a Great Man to Man Defense
In this chapter, you will learn Jim Huber's 11 keys to a great defense. These are non-negotiable aspects that must be implemented thoroughly to reach your defensive goals.
These foundational concepts will allow you to be successful and give you a logical framework to build on.
Chapter 4 - How to Build the Defense Step-by-Step
In this chapter, you will learn exactly how to develop a man to man defense step-by-step.
Coach Huber shows you the exact steps by dividing the instruction into "stages". There are 14 total stages.
Youth coaches teaching this for the first time might only complete the first 6 stages. The following year they might get through 8 stages. High school teams will get through all 14 stages.
In each stage, you will learn detailed fundamental concepts for ALL aspects of man to man defense.
Here's a summary of what you'll get in this chapter...
How to Increase Intensity and Effort
Coach Huber's teams are known for intensity, effort, and tough defense. In the video you'll learn...
- How to quickly get your players to "buy in" to the system (an important step to develop an elite defense)
- How to keep all your players involved so no one is standing around
- Flexible practice drills that allow you to work with large or small teams
- How to improve player communication
- How to hold players accountable and improve performance
- How to effectively demand an elite level of performance
On-Ball Defensive Fundamentals, Tips, Strategies and Drills
Here are a few things you'll learn about guarding the ball...
- Fundamental aspects of a good defensive stance
- Why your feet should be outside your knees
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals
- The exact teaching progression for teaching on-ball defensive fundamentals
- Drills to strengthen legs and teach players to "stay in their stance"
- How to adjust your defensive stance to increase quickness and move more efficiently
- Keys to stopping your defender and staying in front
- How to stop dribble penetration
- How to force your opponent into a "position of weakness"
- Simple ways to lower your opponent's shooting percentage
- How to pressure the ball and cause turnovers without getting beat
- Ball pressure drills
Defensive Close Outs - Fundamentals and Drills
A few things you'll learn about close-outs include...
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs
- How to close out quickly and contain the ball
- How to close out quickly and contest shots (disrupt the shooter)
- Drills to improve close outs
- The exact teaching progression to teach and develop good close outs
Securing the rebounding is an important aspect of your defense. In this section you will learn...
- Rebounding fundamentals
- Keys to defensive rebounding
- Simple tips to improve rebounding
- Rebounding drills
- Teaching progression
Teaching Help Defense - Guarding Players 1 & 2 Passes Away
- How to quickly teach help defense to your team and develop good habits
- Drills to teach help defense
- Fundamental aspects to teaching help defense
- How to seal seams and keep ball away from basket
- Help and recovery drills
- Defensive help rotations - how do it and how to teach it
- How to stop the baseline drive
- How to get your players working hard and playing aggressive
Shell Drill Progressions and Tactics
- How to QUICKLY get players to remember their positioning and understand help responsibilities
- Tricks to run shell drill more efficiently
- How to get teams playing at an amazing level of intensity
- Common recovery mistakes and how to fix them
- Shell drill progressions (8 step progression for the shell drill)
- How to consistently keep the ball out of the paint
- Progression for youth coaches
- How to defend cutters
- How to get more deflections
Chapter 4 (continued)
Developing Your Transition Defense
- How to get players consistently sprinting FULL SPEED in transition
- How to develop incredible transition defense
- How to defend various fast break situations (1 on 2, 3 on 2, etc)
- Transition defense priorities and fundamental keys
- The EXACT drills and progression to build your transition defense
Hustle Plays & Taking Charges
- The proper way to take charges and prevent injuries
- 6 fundamental key to taking a charge and preventing injuries
- Defensive charge drills
- Hustle drills (getting 50/50 balls)
Defending the Post
- Keys to keeping the ball out of the post area
- How to defend the post based on the position of the ball
- How to discourage passes into the post
- How to defend the lob into the post
- Drills to improve post defense
- How to play defensive angles in the post
- How to shut down dominant post players
- How to defend down screens and back screens
- In close 4on4 shell drill
- 6 keys to defending down screens
- How to defend ball screens
- How to defend hand offs
- How to defend cross screens
- 5 drills for defending screens
Free Throws & Inbounds Plays
- How to defend inbounds plays from under the basket (and stop lay ups)
- Tricks to defend the stack set from under the basket
- How to defend various inbounds plays from the sideline
- Keys to effective free throw rebounding
Chapter 5 - Putting It All Together
In this chapter, you will see live play in a 5on5 setting. A few things you'll learn include...
- Simple and effective progression you can run before each live scrimmage
- Quick and simple way to reinforce positions, rotations, and good defensive habits
- How to get players to finish possessions
- How to defend a 5-out (open post) offense
- How to defend a 4-out 1-in offense
- How to defend a 3-out 2-in offense
- Practicing live ball screens and hand offs
- Different ways to run live defensive drills
- Live scrimmage action- with Coach Huber's defensive critiques
Chapter 6 - Adjustments & Situations
In this chapter, Coach Huber covers different adjustments you can make to your defense based on your personnel and your opponent. He also covers certain situations you might face.
- How to effectively play a packer/packline defense (pack it in)
- Simple drills to practice pack-in style of defense
- How to defend quick teams with great penetrators
- How to take away any opportunity to get the ball in the lane
- Adjustment for poor shooters (laneing poor shooters)
- How to defend the inside game and stop great post players
Chapter 7 - Extending Your Defense Full Court
- How to extend your man to man defense full court
- How to cause turnovers, speed up the tempo, and dictate with full court man to man defense.
- Defending the inbounds pass full court
- 5 full court man to man variations
- 5 trapping options / when to trap
- Keys to a good trap
- Keys to run and jump
Chapter 8 - Advanced Defensive Strategies
In this chapter, Coach Huber covers advanced man to man defensive strategies that could give your team the edge. You'll learn...
- Advanced strategies to defend down screens
- Advanced strategies to defend ball screens
- Advanced strategies to defend great scorers
- How to defend double stagger screens
- Strategies and teaching tips for switching screens
Chapter 9 - Questions & Answers with Jim Huber
- Why do you have players close out with both hands up?
- Do you allow players to block shots?
- What advice do you give coaches that have implemented this system?
- What other suggestions would you offer coaches at all levels?
- How do you overcome obstacles when you install this defense?
- Why does this system work so effectively?
- How do you handle teams with short players?
- How do you handle teams with slower players?
- What adjustments do you make if players are getting in foul trouble?
- How do you make your players more aggressive?
- What is your philosophy for the man guarding the ball?
- What tips do you have for guarding the ball in the post?
- What is proper rotation vs 5-out offense?
- What is proper rotation vs 4-out 1-in offense?
- What is proper rotation vs 3-out 2-in offense?
- How to defend common offenses (like the dribble drive motion)?
Chapter 10 - 34 Additional Practice Drills
On this video, you will find 34 additional defensive drills that you can use in your practices. These drills will give your players variety and allow you to keep things fresh when teaching defense.
You'll find both multi-purpose drills and drills that allow you to isolate a specific area of your defense -- if there's a specific area you need to work on.
The drills are categorized as follows...
- 7 On Ball Drills
- 6 Rebounding Drills
- 9 Help Defense Drills
- 4 Multi-purpose Defensive Drills
- 8 Transition Defense Drills
Total Running Time Approx 371 Minutes
eBook #1 - 82 Page Supplemental eBook
For your convenience, we have documented the step-by-step process, key teaching points, and drills from the first 3 videos.
eBook #2 - 43 Page Supplemental eBook
In this eBook we have diagrammed and documented the 34 drills from video #4.
Neatly Organized for Reference
The entire product is logically organized and indexed for you to continue using for years to come for reference.
For example, when it's time for you to work on screens... just pop in the video, go to the screens section, and quickly get prepared for your practice.
Who Should Consider this eBook & Video Set?
This product is appropriate for all coaches at all levels. Veteran coaches will get new drills and ideas to improve their defense. They'll also get to see first hand how a successful coach like Jim Huber implements his defense step-by-step.
Beginner coaches will learn all the defensive fundamentals they should teach from day 1 of practice to the end of the season.
The defense is highly adaptable to any style or type of team. It works with slow teams and it works with quick teams. You can even change game to game based on your opponent. Coach Huber shows you exactly how you can adjust the defense to fit your needs.
We highly recommend this defense and product for all coaches.
Watch This Sample Video Clip
In addition to receiving the videos, you get immediate access to the eBooks.
After completing your order, you'll get access to a password protected area where you can watch the videos and download the eBooks. The streaming videos require high-speed internet and can be viewed on any computer or tablet connected to the internet.
How Much Does it Cost?
The price for the 371 minute 4-video set, 82 page eBook, and additional 34 page eBook is $99.
Online streaming video is also included with the DVD purchase (accessed in the password protected members area).
Try It Risk-Free With Our
60-Day Money Back Guarantee
The Man To Man Defense System with Jim Huber comes with a 60-day unconditional money back guarantee.
Watch all the videos, use the drills in your practices and see how it transforms your defense.
If at any point you donít think itís right for you or your team, just send us an email for a prompt and courteous refund.
No questions asked. No explanation needed.
Weíre taking all the risk so that you can join today with confidence that this program is everything you hoped for and more.
Get Access to Jim Huber's Man To Man Defense System For
$99 $69 (Sale ends Sunday, June 20!)
Jeff and Joe Haefner
Founders, Breakthrough Basketball
However, I can't find the link to the e-book which was promised and I've written an email asking for it with no reply. If you fix that situation, I can write another review.
I really appreciate the work done by the Breakthrough Basketball crew.
Thanks Jim! 5 stars (would give more if I could :o)
Keep up the good work Jim!