Basketball Play - Houston Rockets Box Set - Big Man
I got this play from Kevin Eastman's blog. It is a set the Houston Rockets use that has multiple options and could end up with the big man open near the hoop.
- The play begins in a box set with the post players on the top.
- Players 4 & 5 set staggered ball screens for Player 1.
- Player 2 & Player 3 set position themselves to set staggered back screens for Player 5.
- Player 1 looks to pass the ball to Player 5.
- If Player 5 is not open underneath the basket, Player 4 sets a screen in the middle of the lane for Player 3. Player 3 cuts to the top of the key.
- Player 2 cuts to the wing.
- After the ball screen Player 4 has a few different options:
Option 1 - Player 4 opens up to the middle after the screen set for Player 3.
Option 2 - Afer the pass from Player 1 to Player 3, Player 4 sets a high ball screen.
Option 3 - On the ball reversal, Player 4 sets a screen for Player 5.
Related Products & ArticlesHow to Develop a High Scoring Motion Offense
Set Play: Rolling
16 Tips for Running Effective Basketball Plays
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...