All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 11:38 

I'm wanting to try out one of the apps, but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to go with this season. Does anyone have experience using both apps and be able to give the difference, pros and cons, of the apps?

I am coaching a co-ed city team, 5th grade, mostly 11 year olds. Ive kept the same team for almost four years, and have used many of the drills and strategies here. I know the attack and counter app kind of starts at this level, and we've done some of his drills from his DVD (still finishing watching it, there is a lot of content) but ive also had great success with the breakthrough basketball branded stuff, like the 30 competitive drills...

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 14:32 
Site Admin

The biggest difference is the Ballhandling Workout is strictly ballhandling and some footwork. No finishing or shooting. It can also be done at home.

The Attack & Counter on the other hand includes everything (shooting,finishing, ballhandling, footwork, post moves, etc). You can do pieces of the workout at home but for most of it you need to be in the gym or use the hoop in the backyard.

The Attack & Counter workouts take much longer... around an hour (although you don't have to do the whole thing in one day). The ballhandling workouts are around 10 minutes (but again you can do more than one workout in one day).

Not sure how much this helps. If you have other questions, let us know.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 15:10 

Thanks Mr. Haefner! That was a quick response! I'm thinking about bringing a projector to practice and maybe using one or both of the apps to design practices. Just hoping I can rope someone into manning the device and equipment so it doesn't take up too much time. If you have ever heard of anyone doing the same, or have tried anything like that let me know.

I usually spend a bunch of time designing practices but my job is super busy right now so I'm hoping this might help me somehow so I can design workouts and leave them with an assistant, but im super worried about it being more of a distraction, but we will see! Thanks again, love the website, been using it for a few years now. Have a good one and good luck with your team(s)!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 06:26 
Site Admin

I have not heard of anyone trying that. If it works, let me know. You'll probably need an adult there coordinating things. Good luck!