All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 08:45 

I am currently transitioning from middle to high school and am wondering what I should do to be able to draw attention I have this summer and next 4 years and am currently playing PAL aau basketball and played for my middle school 2 county titles but I don\'t think that is enough, what else should i be doing to draw attention. also would it be a better chance of being noticed by attending a prep school.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 09:19 

Cj -

If you have already won two titles at the middle school I am pretty sure they know who you are and the other players also.

When we had camps and open gyms prior to try outs, I would look for things like quickness, someone who loved to play DEFENSE, someone who could handle the ball, see the open man and deliver it to him ( a good passer and someone who wasn't selfish ) A good rebounder, someone who is willing to go after loose balls..... can they take the ball to the basket and finish, dump off or kick out... a good mid range shooter and maybe a good 3 point shooter.... and ice water in your veins when it comes to shooting free throws.

Pretty much sounds like a good all around player yes? Go to the summer camps at the school you are planning on attending, the coaches will remember that, work on your game, especially your weaknesses this summer - make your strenghts better also.

Good luck, I hope this answers your question..... let us know if you have something specific to ask.

Oh yeah, and being 6'8" would get you noticed real quick. :-)