All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 13:28 

Hi All,
I'm a big guy, 6'3" 220lbs.
I played football through high school and college. I never got into basketball. There were times in my life where I would shoot around, but I was never coached on a team.
There isn't enough interest in my small town to drive a flag football league, so I've been playing on a men's basketball league for the past two years. Before the league I have only played pick-up games.

There are guys who are still playing in our league who are 50 or so. That gives me about 13 more years of playing time.

My first question is: Are there any 'adult' camps that could teach me the basics?
Second: Would it be worth while or is playing and practicing (shooting/dribbling/post moves) enough?

Thanks!
Levi

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 19:01 

Great question. I've personally never run across camps for adults, but I imagine they're out there. It might be more of a city/YMCA type deal though.

Here's a thought, take a few private lessons like you would for golf. All your boys will be wondering where your new Iverson xover move came from. I took a few golf lessons and it really improved my game. You know the drill though, have to put the time in practicing what they tell you.

Would it be worthwhile? I think so if you plan on doing this for several more years.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 09:08 

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll ask around and see if I can find someone...