All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2010, 14:34 

Hello.
My name is Fedor, im from Russia. Now, i dont know who else to write. I have question. I heard that now the practice for education in American schools and playing there in Basketball. Several friends have already left there. And I want to know what should I do? Thank you in advance for your reply.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2010, 16:09 

Fedor,

Can you tell us how old you are and at what level of school are you at right now?

What are your goals - what are you looking to do with your life career wise?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2010, 23:53 

Im 16. I start go to school in 2000. I want get practice in basketball and may be something will. Education course. Now in world cant live without the knowledge of English.
Thx for reply:)

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2010, 16:30 

You are probably right... it does make it easier to get along IF you know English....

Are you looking to play basketball somewhere in the States or in your country? Have you played before?

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 03:02 

Yes, im search play in the States. Im training 5 years, now im training in team, which plays in the league B, we second team to 18. Understand me?:)

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 08:16 

I'm trying to Fedor..... at 16 that would put you in the age group wth 10 -11th graders in high school.... IF you would be a Junior (11th grade) now, that would be a tough move for you to come here in your last year of high school... unless you are very talented you would get much playing time. It seems like you do have a lot of experience which is a good thing.

The next thing is -- IS your family moving here or were you thinking about being a transfer student living with another family - THIS is a very DIFFICULT thing to do and its not an easy thing for you either. I helped one kid do that and it was a mess .... he wasn't happy and he had a hard time being accepted - not sure if it was him or what the problem was.

But, IF your family is going to move here then it would be a somewhat easier task to accomplish. I hope this answers your questions.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 09:44 

I think about being a transfer student living with another family. I think play in high school. What do I need to do to achieve the goal? Or too late?

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 15:53 

And else, all 1994 children start study in 2001 year. My parents sent me to school ahead of time.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2010, 08:41 

Talk to one of the counselors at your school - have them research transfering and living with another family...... I would hate to say that its a little late to try this... so go ahead and give it a shot...... you have nothing to lose.

Maybe Jeff or Joe has some information regarding this.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2010, 01:36 

I think about live in campus, dont live in family