All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2010, 14:05 

Dear sir, I am interested in pursuing my career as a basketball coach in my country,Malaysia. At the moment i have a level 2 coaching certificate obtained from Malaysian Basketball Association. As there are very rare chances of getting higher or better coaching courses recognized worldwide in our country I would appreciate your advice or your help in obtaining them. It is important for me to get a certificate in higher coaching in order for me to be qualified to coach our country's team.This is how it works in our country for basketball. For your reference my past records in coaching 1)under 16 girls divisional team (champions)2)under 18 girls State team (runner up)\r\n3)under 16 boys open championship 4)under 18 boys Sports toto championship 5)under 18 girls Mayor\'s cup finalist\r\nPlease advise and thanks for all the updates send by you all.I really appreciate all the tips and guidance given and they have helped tremendously in my coaching. Regards Sam

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 20:53 

Coach: A piece of paper does not make a coach. Although, I do realize that the certification is important if you want to pursue coaching as as career. I hold a level 5 in both coaching and instructing from Basketball Canada however, I learned more basketball watching, talking to, pilfering and learning from many great coaches. This site is exceptional, its coaches are knowledgeable dedicated and savvy. Jeff and Joe have put together some of the best drills, plays and philosophies you can imagine. Even at my delicate age, I have learned some things. I have recently reviewed the Danny Miles DVD and find his "Value Points System" to be worthy of purchase. As an Asian scout for an N.B.A. team here in China, I now use it to evaluate players I am scouting and I find it very effective. Get the certification if that's what it takes to gain an edge in coaching within Malaysia, but continue to learn from those who have been there. Please stay in contact and good luck with your career. Coach Mac

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 08:06 

Thank you for your advise coach mac and i will follow through.
Regards
Sam