All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 08:53 

Guys,
My high school team has had a great year 27-2 we are going to nationals in 2 weeks. It seems the young men are dragging a bit, like it has been a long season. How can I keep these young men excited about basketball for the last two weeks?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 15:55 

You have two weeks to prepare for the first game.... and you had a great season. Why don't you take them someplace where they can have some fun - a day off to relax and regenerate their competitive juices.

Then look back at the things you do and ask yourself, "Where can we improve - what do we NEED to improve upon?" Make your drills and EVERYTHING you do, game specific... offensively and defensively. You can never do too much shooting - make all your drills competitive too.... shorten your practice times - you don't want to leave their game on the practice floor...... they need their legs at this time of the year.

End your practices on a fun note and learning experiences... we did that by running "SITUATIONS" The kids loved it and always wanted to do more of them. They love the competition of the mini games.

Good luck and I hope this helps... let us know how things are going.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 17:11 

Thanks for the input I will make good use of the suggestion and let you know how it goes.

God Bless
Stan

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 18:50 

Thanks Stan... and if there is anything else I can do.... or the other coaches... let us know.

Ken