All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2014, 18:07 

Any thoughts on the Point System DVD? Would it work for a middle school level team?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014, 03:58 
Site Admin

Yes, it would work with middle school team. Believe it or not, my 4th grade girls team looks at their VPS scores after scrimmages and games. It was not intentional, but the rating shows up in the reports from the stats app that I use. So they started looking at that score and now it's probably the first thing they look at. I'm not sure if it will provide an value at the 4th grade yet as it just started a few weeks ago. But as long as you keep the basic stats for a game or scrimmage, you can utilize the formula.

Most of the drills in the DVD can be used at middle school level too. Off the top of my head, there is one that is probably too advanced though.

With that said, I think the VPS is more beneficial at the high school level because you have more games (longer season) and players are better able to understand what the formula means (gives you teaching opportunities).

Since I do not coach a middle school team I can't comment specifically on how it works. But those are my thoughts. I probably generated more questions than I answered. :)