All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 22:08 

We had a game with about 1:30 left and we were down by 8 and the offense went into 4 corner delay. We tried to foul but they just passed the ball around. Is there a strategy to attack this to create a turnover(double team or zone setup that we could try)?

Thanks

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 07:36 

I think that IF I were in this situation that I would try to play lock down m2m D - deny all passes and force the player with the ball to dribble, then foul going after the ball agressively..... looking for a steal also.. but if you allow them to keep passing you will be in for a long night on D.

You might know which one of their players is the weakest with the ball, invite the ball to him and then attack him agressively looking for a turnover or the foul... you have to foul and hope they miss the FTs.

I suppose that you could double team the ball ( leaving someone open ) and foul as you get to the double. I like option #1 myself.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 17:57 

We tried m2m but they just seemed to get the ball around us - we ended up trying to foul or force the dribble towards a trap. It was frustrating to watch but it is something we will need to work on in practice.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 06:19 

If you want the foul.... teach your kids to be super aggressive here... go after the ball and his arm at the same time... either you get the steal without the foul ( since some refs wont blow the whistle all the time ) or you get enough of the player to make sure you get the call... and yes, you have to practice that.

That was one of the situations that we ran at the end of our practices.