All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 00:59 

Can anyone please direct me to where I might find information on how to run a 2-2-1 defense?

Also, I have a very short team, with quick guards. Does anyone have any advice on best defense to run?

Many thanks.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 05:55 

I'm not sure what age group you have here.... but do those kids a favor.... teach them how to play M2M D. That will teach them how to play the game.

If you look on the left side of this page.. there is a DEFENSE item where you can research what you are looking for.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 17:21 

Thanks coach.

The age group is around 20. The problem we face with M2M is the mismatches in the post area. We try to deny ball entry into the post, but the height always beats us. We can double-team their 5 man, but their 4 is still taller.

I had in mind a defense where we could use traps/ball pressure to force turnovers? Our scramble D and weak side help is solid in theory, but I'm practically playing 4 guards and a forward at the best of times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (If you're going to suggest that I recruit taller players, I'm already trying!)

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 06:11 

Your team sounds like the ones I used to coach.

We played two defenses.... m2m - on/up the line and a 1-3-1 match up when we were overmatched, which was most of the time. The match up gave us a lot of help in the middle, stopping penetration and forcing the opposition to beat us from the perimeter...... with a hand in their face.

I like your sense of humor Winnie. :-) But, TRY HARDER LOL