All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2012, 09:42 

Hi Coaches,

I have posted a few times here and always got a ton of good information. I have a basketball team and I have a need for a form. Basically its a commitment form saying that a player will only play for our team during the commitment time period. We just had a players parent form a team to play in a tourney. We had every intention of playing in that tourney but she jumped the gun. And actually asked a few of her teammates from my club team to play with her. This resulted in her not making it to our league game and ultimately to her playing against us in tourney. It has not been a problem for our team as so far we have won all our games and her team has lost its just difficult for our players to understand why she is not playing with us. So even though in our parent meeting we explained this would not be tolerated I need a form for everyone to sign. So does anyone have a good form for this?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2012, 11:44 

I don't have a form but it would be the last time she played for me and your team.

I think that you could pretty much make up your own form explaining rules and consequences - having eacg player and parent sign it. List them one by one..... That way there would be no doubt about what your rules are and the consequences for not following them.

I'm ticked and it isn't even my team.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2012, 11:52 
Site Admin

Yea I don't know of a form like that. Just sample parent letters. And I can't think of a letter that outlines a rule like that. Sorry.