All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 04:11 

idpaul: Coach to come back from 23 at the half and have a shot to win it at the buzzer.........must have been a heck of a half time speech, what do you think Coach Sar.

The other think i want to point out; even though your kids had played three games and were dog tired, the other team is in the same position its still even..great job coach and kids..Coach mac

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 08:10 

Down 23 and a chance to win at the end.... AMAZING ..... tell me where you came up with that 20 point play and we will bottle it and make millions. :-)

You did a GREAT job - I am sure that you said something along these lines.... one basket at a time... chip away... look to cut the lead in half by the 4th quarter and you will be in a great position to win the game.

Remind me to tell you about my best half time speech... went from a 13-12 game at half and we end up winning by 36.

Keep up the good work....

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 00:05 

Sorry for the delay in responding, another knee scope - make it number 4. Time for replacement but too young supposidly?!? Acording to surgeons here quality of life is reserved for those in their 70's when I dont want to be chasing grand kids or great grand kids around?

Anyway, to answer no new play, no new words of wisdom. Call it clarifying things, reconfirming my teams committment to running our plays, used in very well placed time-out, standing in middle of my team arms crossed with a very direct statement: " I thought we were here to play our game - not thiers - we don't break their press to just throw the ball away, teams dont try to dribble through 2-3 players when our teammates are open - a team works their tail off for each other with and without the ball - lets go back to our plays, our aggressive defence and patient offence and take control back" or something very much like that.

Team started to climb back, opposing coach couldn't figure out what happened, no new play, no new press, same guys on the floor. INTENSITY is in my opinion a very large portion of this game and can turn a game back into your favour much like a great steal or dunk can deflate the opposition. With the tide turning and staying with our plays and a bit of luck, we climbed back in it losing by 1. I am sure their coach was very happy there wasnt another minute on the clock! HAHA we will meet them over the next two weekends for North Island Championships and Island Championships. Boys are looking forward to them.