Top 1 on 1
This drill adds a unique and fun competition aspect. The purpose of this drill is to improve one on one offense and reading the defender to make the appropriate move.
Drill Instructions and Diagrams
- Players are in 2 lines, above the foul line, even with the lane lines.
- Place a chair in the middle of the lane lines, above the foul line, with the seat facing the basket.
- Place a ball on the chair
- When the coach calls "Go," the first player in each line sprints and touches a spot on the baseline in the center of the lane.
- Players then sprint back to the chair
- First player to the ball picks it up and is the offense. Other player is defense. Game is on!
- Offensive player immediately faces the basket and thinks "Shot."
- If the ball is dribbled reinforce "Lay-up"
- Limit the number of dribbles. You should be able to score with 1 dribble.
** If you would like to see more fun drills, take a look at our 60 Fun Drills eBook.
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...