Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Pass and Switch
This drill is meant to simulate high speed, game-like situations to help players improve passing speed and accuracy. It's also a lot of fun for players because it's fast paced!
Note: This drill is set up for 8 players. If you have more players, use more court space.
Points of Emphasis
Continually tell your players...
- Make accurate passes.
- Move as quickly as possible without sacrificing form and accuracy.
- When passing, step toward your receiver.
- When catching, extend your hands and step toward the pass.
- As in shooting, the ball should have backspin on it. This is accomplished by following through on every pass.
You can spice things up and add a bit of motivation by:
- Giving them a reward if they don't drop the ball after two minutes and get X number of passes completed.
- Or making them run if they drop the ball.
Do you have any questions or suggestions for this drill? Let us know by leaving your comments...