Power Dribble Into
This is a very versatile drill that allows you to work on positioning, footwork and shot making. Particular attention should be paid to body positioning and pivots. The body should be low and strong through the entire move. Pivots should be made in a direct line to the front of the rim.
Place a chair on the right side, opposite the low - post position, about 4 feet outside the lane. Place a ball on the chair.
Place 2 chairs even with the center of the rim with enough room between them for the player to step through.
Place a 4th chair outside the two chairs in the lane, as to create a "shooting compartment."
- Player starts in the middle of the lane.
- Player cuts to the low post chair, jump-stops and picks up the ball.
Player then executes a left foot pivot drop step (toward the middle) and power dribbles, long enough to get him between the chairs.
- Player executes a left hand jump hook.
Replace ball on the chair and repeat.
Drill can be run on attempts, makes, or by time.
Other Shots in the Series
- Left foot pivot drop step, power dribble, right foot front pivot, jumpshot
- Left foot pivot drop step, power dribble, right foot front pivot, step through (counter).
Related Products & ArticlesHow To Develop High Scoring and Highly Skilled Post Players
More Basketball Post Player Drills
Drop Step - VIDEO
What do you think? Let us know by leaving your comments, suggestions, and questions...