Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Ball Handling and Finishing Camp in
Fargo, North Dakota October 8-9, 2016
Elite Skills Coach Rustin Dowd!
We have arranged for Rustin Dowd to conduct a 2 day basketball camp in Fargo, North Dakota. Players and coaches will learn new ball handling skills and strategies that will increase any players confidence.
Improve Your Ball handling
During the camp you'll receive both instruction and intense training to develop exceptional ball handling skills and dribbling moves.
The camp will help you...
- Reduce turnovers and handle any game situation.
- Beat your defender off the dribble.
- Create your own shot and scoring opportunities with the dribble.
- Create space and separation from the defense.
- Improve decision making and overall ball handling skill.
No matter what your skill level, you'll be challenged and make tremendous improvement to your game.
If you already have some skill with the ball, this camp will take your ability to the next level making you very hard to guard off the bounce.
If you're a beginner that struggles with the ball, this camp will help you improve your confidence with the ball, help you reduce turnovers, and help you quickly take your ball handling skills to the next level.
We will provide you with drills, training, instruction, and a logical program to improve based on your skill level.
More Ballhandling and Scoring Topics Covered
- Proper progressions for the dribble moves.
We will break down how to effectively progress through dribble moves. Learn these vital progressions that most trainers skip that result in poorly executed dribble moves.
- 6 things you need to know to be a great ball handler.
You can be an extremely effective ball handler by knowing and practicing six things. Most players and coaches make things too complicated. But dribbling effectively is simple. You don't need lots of moves. You just need EFFECTIVE moves.
- How to be more effective with your dribble.
In today's game, so many players misuse the dribble. They use it and lose their advantage against the defense. We will teach them how to effectively use the dribble and cover more space with fewer dribbles at faster pace.
- Develop an explosive first step.
Players usually don't work on this, but this is one of the most deadly weapons in the game of basketball. Due to our background in athletic development, we will incorporate speed drills that will make them faster and quicker with and without the ball.
Improve Your All Around Skill
The focus will be on ball handling. However, the clinic will also incorporate:
- Footwork (pivoting, starting, stopping, offensive moves)
- Passing skills
- Coordination and gross motor skills
- Strength and athleticism
- Basic offensive moves that can be used in the post and the perimeter
- Small sided games to practice skills in game situations
Who can attend?
Boys & girls in the 4th - 9th grades.
Coaches that want to learn and pick up new drills can also observe for a small fee (coaches can find more info below).
Who is Rustin Dowd?
Rustin became a great player while at MidAmerica and says he owes a lot of that to Coach Hepker, Coach Keeley, Coach Fleming and Hall of Fame Coach Rocky Lamar.
- 2 Time NAIA DI All-American
- Heart of America Conference Player of the Year
- Helped his team win Conference Title and Conference tournament Title
- Scored over 2000 points in his college career
- Named Champion of Character Award winner
- Played Professionally in Australia
- Averaged 19 points per game while playing professionally in Australia
- Was awarded Golden Hands Award for the Werribee Devils
- Had the opportunity to run his own camps in Werribee, Australia.
Saturday October 8, 2016 -- 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Sunday October 9, 2016 -- 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Each session is limited to 50 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvement
The camp is SOLD OUT!
3491 University Dr.S
Fargo, ND 58104
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.