Full Court Chair Series
Ages: All Ages Youth Middle School High School+
Purpose of the Drill:
Good warm up that works on ball handling full court, change of directions, and either layups or jumpshots off the dribble.
This drill was provided by Tim Springer at Spartan Performance Training.
- Start lines at baseline opposite each other
- Each player dribbles to each chair and uses a change of direction to get past the chair
- Each player finishes with either a layup or jump shot or whatever the coach instructs
- After scoring, each player gets into the next line.
Points of Emphasis:
- Staying low with their dribble
- Approach each chair and do the move properly (fatigue will set in and lack of detail will happen.
- Make sure not to crowd each other.
- Keep your eyes up!!
- If using shooting to score. Work on either proper 2 step finish into jumpshot UNDER CONTROL.
- Have each player count their own makes. When time runs out, have them meet at 1/2 court and one person (a leader or someone who wants to start leading more) tallies up the makes and reports to the coach
- Make it a team accomplishment drill
- Put 2 to 3 minutes on the clock and make a team goal
- I usually have them do one push up for every layup or jump shot they are short of the goal