Escape 3 on 3 Full Court
Ages: All Ages Youth Middle School High School+
Purpose of the Drill:
To teach three offensive players running the floor with a sudden numbers advantage, how to hurry up the floor under control, see the court, keep their spacing, and move the ball against a defense chasing them from behind.
- Line up three offensive players along the baseline and three defensive players in front of them even with the free throw line.
- A coach passes the ball to one of the three offensive players.
- The defensive player in front of the man who receives the ball sprints to the baseline, touches the line with his foot, and hustles back up the court.
- The three offensive players go as quickly as possible toward the basket by dribbling or passing the ball up the floor.
- The offensive players should keep the spacing so the two defenders cannot guard all three offensive players.
- The object of the drill is to get a good shot before the third defender catches up.
Points of Emphasis:
- Offense needs to "read the defense" both in front and behind them, run the floor hard, stay spaced so the defense can only zone-up, and attempt to get a good shot before the third defender gets back into the play.
- A pass ahead may create a 2 on 1 situation.
- The drill is meant for players to run hard, see the floor and move the ball when the situation demands it.