Baseline Inbounds Play (BLOB)
Ages: Middle School High School+
This is a great misdirection play that I saw the Orlando Magic run against the Chicago Bulls on 1/2/10 towards the end of the game. Everything was executed perfectly, except for the ball going through the hoop.
1 - Point Guard (Jameer Nelson)
2 - Decoy (JJ Redick)
3 - Inbounder (Matt Barnes)
4 - Shooter (Ryan Anderson)
5 - Screener (Dwight Howard)
- The players start in a stack formation on the ball side.
- 2 curls around 5.
- 1 follows 2 around 5 and cuts to the corner.
- After 1 clears 5, 5 turns to screen for 2 who curls around 5 again.
- 4 flares to opposite wing
- 5 turns to set a screen for 2. 2 curls around 5 again. (My guess is that 2 curled around 5, because the defender guarding the inbounder took away the baseline pass as shown in the diagram. If 2 was open, he may have continued to the baseline for an open shot.)
- When 2 curls around 5 again, 1 cuts from the corner to the ball side wing.
- When 1 crosses 4, 4 cuts to an open spot near the wing/corner area for the shot.