Kansas St - Screen the Inbounder
Ages: Middle School High School+
I got this play while watching the Kansas St - Dayton game on 11/22/09. This inbounds gives you different scoring options that include a screen the inbounder, backdoor cut/lob, and perimeter jump shot.
Good passer, shooter, screeners, and finisher around the basket.
- 3 throws a lob pass over the defender to 4
- 1 cuts to the high post area
- 4 Passes to 1
- As the pass is made to 1, 2 sets a screen on the defender guarding 3.
- 3 cuts to the middle of the lane to gain position by the basket.
- After 4 passes, 4 & 5 cut to the wing area.
- Option 1: Low Post Entry
- If 3 is open, 1 passes to 3 in the low post.
- 3 looks to score.
- As the pass is entered to 3, 5 sets up his man for a backdoor cut.
- If there is not a scoring opportunity for 3, 3 looks for the pass to 5.
- Option 2 - Backdoor Lob
- If 3 is not open, 1 looks for the backdoor lob to 5.
- Option 3 - Screen on Wing
- If the entry to 3 and the backdoor lob to 5 is not open, 4 sets a screen for 2. 1 simultaneously dribbles toward the top of the key.
- 2 pops to the wing for a jump shot.
- 4 seals in the post.
- 3 & 5 clear the lane.