Ages: All Ages Youth Middle School High School+
Purpose of the Drill:
This drill was passed on by our good coaching friend, Ken Sartini (AKA Coach Sar).
This drill is great to improve your team's ability to break pressure. It improves passing, moving without the ball, footwork, utilizing ball fakes, spacing, and much more.
- Start with 3 offensive players on the baseline and 3 defensive players on the free throw line extended.
- The one defensive player in the middle has the ball, he/she passes it to the player on the baseline and then the drill begins.
- Split the half court into thirds and the offensive players must stay in their lanes.
- The offensive players have to advance the ball past half court WITHOUT dribbling.
- There is no 10 second or 5 second violation. They just have to keep working until they get the ball over half court without turning it over. They can pass, make cuts, cut and replace, bump the defender to freeze him and get open whatever way they can.
- Once they get the ball past half court, they play 3 on 3.