Zig Zag Dribbling with Traffic
Ages: All Ages Youth Middle School High School+
Purpose of the Drill:
Improve dribbling at high speed and handle pressure.
- Line up all your players in each corner. For an added challenge you can require players to use their weak hand exclusively or dribble with two basketballs.
- On "go" players sprint at the cones as fast as possible and "zig zag" to each cone. Both lines start at the same time and almost all your players on the team will be doing the drill simulatenously. Players must keep their head up to avoid running into each other.
- Players must change direction at each cone and go as fast as possible.
- The coach can stand in the line of traffic and run towards different players trying to steal the ball. This really forces players perform game like moves (otherwise they'll turn it over).
- You want to create as much chaos as possible and force players to keep their head up, change direction, and control the ball.