Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Three Man LSU
Ages: All Ages Youth Middle School High School+
Purpose of the Drill:
This drill works on converting a layup in transition, and quickly transitioning to deny defense by face guarding the offensive player.
It can also be used to practice getting open against pressure.
- Have players form a line behind half court on the far right or left side of the court.
- The first player has the ball and dribbles in for a layup.
- The second player takes the ball out of the net, goes out of bounds, and attempts to inbound to the player who made the layup.
- After the lay up, the first player faceguards the third player, like in the Raiders drill. [This is a correction to what is being done in the video.]
- The third player attempts to come to the ball and receive the inbound pass.
- At 4 seconds, the offensive player breaks long.
- The defender is playing deny defense by face guarding the offensive player and attempts to make the steal or stop the offensive player from scoring.
Points of Emphasis:
- If the defender steals the ball, they can go to the basket.
- If the ball is inbounded successfully, the offensive player can take it to the far basket and attempt to score.