This drill works on several components, sprinting to a close out, contesting the shot, blocking out and the push step.
- Players are on the baseline; X1 is the first in line and will start on the whistle.
- On the whistle, X1 will sprint to close out on the first cone on the baseline.
- After contesting the shot and shouting, “shot!” X1 will box out on the cone, then quick turn inside and push step back underneath the basket.
- Once under the basket again, the defender will sprint to the next cone and repeat the process.
- As that defender sprints to cone 2, the next defender in line sprints for cone 1 and starts the same progression.