All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2020, 02:51 

6'1 pass first PG with insane passing IQ, I already know my role but I'd like to have a bigger impact by scoring the ball a little more. I have a decent mid range game but can't seem to consistently hit 3's. What should I focus on improving if I want to score the ball more for next college season? I play D3 college ball.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2020, 06:47 
Site Admin

That's a good questions for your coach and the assistants, since they know the offense run and philosophy of their system. So they could give some ideas that would fit in with that.

But generally speaking, you want to be a 3 dimensional players... be able to hit outside shots, then if that's take away drive and finish at the basket, and if you can't get all the way to basket... pull up for mid range jumper. Those players are tough to stop. Driving also gets you to free throw line to score points. Hit one 3, finish 1 layup, hit 1 midrange shot, and get to the FT line a couple times... that's 9-12 pts per game. Not a bad average!

Transition is another option. Can you sprint the floor and get 1 transition basket each game?