All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2018, 07:22 

Hey coaches. Your website is dope and has made me some what of a marks man. I wanted insight on which position suits me best. I can shoot 90 % from inside and 2 feet around the key. 3 pointers are out of question right now. I got to the gym 5 times in a week, 2 with a coach, 3 solo. Somehow, every time I go I forget a bit of my shot. After 2 reps of 50 shots form inside the key and outside I get a form which works. I am not sure if it is the form but it works. How can I improve, I am 14 and I need to shoot from near my chin to get perfect arc and power.

As for the second question! Which position suits me best. I am a great play maker, good at leading (I lead my team as a PG, but the shooting is always an obstacle), I am stronger than kids my age but I am only 161 cm (55 kg= 22 bmi (healthy)). I can be explosive at times and my coaches always praise me for my high work ethic. Shooting is just an obstacle, any help is appreciated.

Summary:
How to become a efficient shooter?
Which positions fits be best from your perspective?

THANK YOU! THANK YOU in advance because I can see how hard you guys work on helping developing kids like me.

PS. I have only taken basketball seriously for a year but I believe I am growing very quickly (except shooting)

Sincerely,
Meekal Hassan

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 11:08 

romanwillreignwwe wrote:
Hey coaches. Your website is dope and has made me some what of a marks man. I wanted insight on which position suits me best. I can shoot 90 % from inside and 2 feet around the key. 3 pointers are out of question right now. I got to the gym 5 times in a week, 2 with a coach, 3 solo. Somehow, every time I go I forget a bit of my shot. After 2 reps of 50 shots form inside the key and outside I get a form which works. I am not sure if it is the form but it works. How can I improve, I am 14 and I need to shoot from near my chin to get perfect arc and power.

As for the second question! Which position suits me best. I am a great play maker, good at leading (I lead my team as a PG, but the shooting is always an obstacle), I am stronger than kids my age but I am only 161 cm (55 kg= 22 bmi (healthy)). I can be explosive at times and my coaches always praise me for my high work ethic. Shooting is just an obstacle, any help is appreciated.

Summary:
How to become a efficient shooter?
Which positions fits be best from your perspective?

THANK YOU! THANK YOU in advance because I can see how hard you guys work on helping developing kids like me.

PS. I have only taken basketball seriously for a year but I believe I am growing very quickly (except shooting)

Sincerely,
Meekal Hassan

Hey Meekal

As far as forgetting your shot you need to remember your form & when hold your follow through so your brain starts remembering your form. Also, another thing is to do that helps is to visualize yourself shooting with the same form. Feel the exact movements & feel the ball being released exactly how you're shooting in real life. This helps drill the muscle memory down. Now when it comes to being a more efficient shooter & shooting 3s. You're young so eventually the power is going to come but I'd recommend working out. Simply doing pushups & pullups & squats will start to develop your power. Continue shooting to become a more efficient shooter.

I think you should remain a point guard if you are a playmaker & that helps the team win. Your shooting can be developed. Once it is developed you'll be an even more dangerous point guard to play against.

-Chris Jordan TV

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2020, 21:05 

chrisjordannpb wrote:

Hey Meekal

As far as forgetting your shot you need to remember your form & when hold your follow through so your brain starts remembering your form. Also, another thing is to do that helps is to visualize yourself shooting with the same form. Feel the exact movements & feel the ball being released exactly how you're shooting in real life. This helps drill the muscle memory down. Now when it comes to being a more efficient shooter & shooting 3s. You're young so eventually the power is going to come but I'd recommend working out. Simply doing pushups & pullups & squats will start to develop your power. Continue shooting to become a more efficient shooter.

I think you should remain a point guard if you are a playmaker & that helps the team win. Your shooting can be developed. Once it is developed you'll be an even more dangerous point guard to play against.

-Chris Jordan TV

Wow, thank you so very much for your amazingly detailed reply!