All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 12:03 

I am looking for an offense that I can use to free up my guards for the 3. I will most likely be running a 4 Guard set since most of our guys are smaller and wing style players that can shoot the 3. I've already begun teaching a "spread" style offense with Players 1-4 on the wing and 5 moving from high to low post depending on ball movement. Players 1-4 screen away from their pass and use v-cuts to free themselves.

I'm looking for something that could work against a zone defense that could still free up the 3. Any ideas??

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 16:07 

You might try something where you set multiple screens for your best 3 point shooter with your POST player being the last screened... a lot of post players don't want to leave theim man because they don't want to give them an easy basket..

You could start the play out with one 3 point shooter backscreening for another... and he steps out... IF they don't give reverse help, you get an easy lay up... IF they do... the screener stepping out should have a good luck.... then the other player goes off the screen from the post.

You could add another screen in the lane frrom another player before the post players screen also. a tripple staggered screen.... We ran something like this.