Here’s the plan for day 4 of the youth summer skills camp for our 5th grade team.
Practice Plan – Team Camp Day 4
Pre-practice routine – Acknowledge & talk with each player
Dribbling and Defense
- Dribble tag – everyone is it. 1 pt for tag. no tagging head.
- Stationary dribbling – dribble cross, double cross, in/out over line, legs, behind back
- Step through rips – ball security
- In/out over line with explosive step – find a line
- High five 1on1 (focus on good close outs on defense and quick dribbles moves on offense)
- 1v1 with random traps
Offense and shooting
- Long lay ups
- Warm up drill – rev pivots and counters (use outside foot)
- Screen away shooting
- String spacing:
- Penetrate and fill behind.
- Dribble at and back cut.
- Dribble at post elbow (shooting game) – 2 minutes. Call out score. Get own rebound and then run around cone.
- Dribble at post – short corner (shooting game)
- 5 on 0 –
- fill inside 3pt and pop out.
- fill & back cut
- 2 passes and dribble penetrate.
- 2 passes and dribble at.
Shell drill for two reversals and baseline drive. Then live.
Transition. 1st THREE steps are critical.