Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Motion Offenses, Tips, and Drills
Types of Motion OffensesThough every coach tries to put his mark on the motion offense they run, there really are only 4 basic types. These types are categorized by the number of players that are on the perimeter and the number of players that are in the post.
5 Out Motion Offense
4 Out 1 In Motion Offense
3 Out 2 In Motion Offense
2 Out 3 In Motion Offense
All motion offenses fit into those categories above. The thing that differentiates one motion from another is the rules and philosophy that each coach installs. Here are some specific motion offenses that employ certain rules and philosophies:
The Dribble Drive Motion Offense
5 Out Cutters Offense
Open Post Offense - Motion Offense, Diagrams, Drills, and Plays
Duke Motion Offense
North Carolina Motion Offense
What is the Triangle Offense?
How to Run the Triangle Offense
Motion Offense DrillsSituations Drill
End of Game Drill
Basic Spacing Drill
Advanced Spacing Drill
Motion Offense Articles & TipsOffense Tips - The Easy Way to Teach Basketball Offense
Motion Offense Youth Basketball
Quick Hitters for Motion Offense
Question & Answers about Motion Offense
- How do you get your best player the ball and handle less-talented shooters?
- Do you recommend the Motion Offense to youth teams?
- Would you please tell me the difference between your eBook "How to Develop a High Scoring Motion Offense" and the "Read and React" offense that Coach Rick Torbett is teaching?
- I am coaching 4th grade girls this year. At what point do you introduce the positions in basketball? How do you go about doing that?
- 7th Grade Girls BBall Tryouts - Who should I use to break pressure? What motion set should I use? What plays should I use for motion offense?
- Coaching Youth Basketball with Limited Time (1 Practice a Week)
- I've got a 6'9? kid actually that's going Division 1 next year. I want to make sure that our number one rule is that every third, fourth touch is a post touch. Does this rule sound like a good rule for the motion offense?
- Post Rules For Youth Motion Offense?