Why You Should Listen?
In this Jim Huber Podcast, you will learn Don Kelbick’s comprehensive system that simplifies the game for players at all levels and all positions. As the name implies, it’s based on an “attack” and then “counter” philosophy. It’s incredibly simple when compared to other skill development programs. Yet it works with NBA and pro players at the highest level as well as players at the youth level.
Don Kelbick understands basketball and player development so well, that he has dramatically simplified the moves, the mentality, and the way you practice your skills.
He doesn’t believe in the shot fakes or reading the defense, and his “triple threat” is completely different from basketball’s traditional shoot, pass or dribble mentality. Breakthrough Basketball’s Don Kelbick is one of the most unique thinkers in basketball, and the NBA and world basketball community are listening.
Coaches like Jeff Van Gundy have trusted Don and his methods to develop the skills and mentality that players need to succeed in the toughest league in Earth, the NBA. Players like Raja Bell, Bruce Bowen, Carlos Arroyo and JJ Barea have all revolutionized their game skills and mental approach to the game under Don’s unconventional approach to skill training.
Enjoy this episode of The Jim Huber Show!
What You will Hear In This Podcast
- 0:40- Teaching attacking defenses instead of reading defenses
- 1:57- Skill development needs to be a focus of every practice
- 4:54 – How over coaching can be detrimental to a player’s development
- 6:34 – The three levels of correction that are effective
- 11:24 – The Shot, Shot, Shot Triple Threat Mentality
- 22:10 – Should post players look middle, baseline or just attack
- 24:51 – Counters that should be taught with particular pivots
- 30:56 – Should a player use a shot fake
- 34:20- The most effective philosophy to implement when working with NBA and professional players
- Skill Development
- Workout App
- Fast Break
Follow on Twitter: @kelbickd
Find information on coach Don Kelbick at http://www.donkelbickbasketball.com/
Get information on Don Kelbick’s camps with Breakthrough Basketball at https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/camps
Hit me up @jimhubershow or reply back to this email
Remember: “Let’s Make The World Better Through Sports”