Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Alan Stein Basketball Training DVD - 130 "Pro Power" Speed, Quickness and Reaction Drills
Dear Basketball Coach,
Are you looking to build better basketball players with some speed, quickness, and reaction drills to improve your team? Well, Alan Stein's 130 "Pro Power" Speed, Quickness and Reaction Drills has just what you need. These drills are great to use during the season and the offseason and you can easily implement them into your program.
Why would you want this DVD? And what if you're a coach who has drills or exercises that you already use?
Many players simply enjoy variation and you'll get plenty of new ideas and variations with 100+ exercises. Since they enjoy doing things that are slightly different, they tend to be more motivated. A motivated athlete works harder. An athlete that works harder at the right things gets better. When your athletes work harder, you have better teams. When you have better teams, your life is much easier.
Also, athletes like to be challenged and this DVD has plenty of progressions to challenge the athlete.
Who is Alan Stein?Alan is a world-renown athletic development coach who has worked with plenty of great players ranging from the youth level to the NBA. Here are a few of Alan's credentials:
- Head Strength & Conditioning coach for the nationally renowned, Nike Elite DeMatha Catholic High School boys basketball program.
- Performance consultant for Nike Basketball.
- Former Montrose Christian (MD) High School Strength & Conditioning coach; has worked with elite high school, college, and NBA players.
- Coached at the most prestigious camps - McDonald's All American game, the Jordan Brand All American Classic, the Nike Summer Skills Academies, NBA Player's Association's Top 100 Camp, & the Chris Paul CP3 Elite Backcourt Camp.
- Featured in Winning Hoops, Time Out, Dime, SI.com, SLAMonline.com, American Basketball Quarterly, Stack, Men's Health, HOOP, and FIBA Assist Magazine.
What's in the DVD?
Part 1 - Warm Up & Movement Preparation
- 8 critical movement patterns that all coaches should implement into their warm up and training sessions to prevent injuries and improve athleticism.
- 3 planes of motion. Alan discusses the saggital, frontal, and transverse planes of motion and how you need to train in every direction to prepare for sports.
- 20+ exercises that you can easily apply to prevent injuries and improve athleticism.
Part 2 - Dynamic Flexibility
- 17 exercises to improve flexibility.
- Alan covers flexibility exercises that are crucial to athletic performance. Often times, athletes will lose flexibility through their teenage years which can cause an athlete to lose explosiveness and be more prone to injury. You can do these exercises pre or post practice.
- Variations of the lunge to effectively warm up and strengthen your lower body and trunk.
- Hip flexibility exercises - One of the most overlooked areas is the hips, yet so many players get tight, weak hips which will make a player less agile and less explosive. Alan's mobility exercises will help with this.
Part 3 - Speed Development Drills
- 30+ drills that are great for developing game speed.
- Speed drills that improve starting, stopping, forward movement, back pedaling, shuffling, and running laterally.
- Change of pace exercises. In the game of basketball, change of pace is crucial to success to keep the defender off balance.
- The proper technique for the athletic stance and how to perform movements from the athletic stance.
- Combination movements. So many times during the course of a game, players have to switch movement patterns between a run, backpedal, shuffle, and a crossover step. These great drills will prepare players for these game-like movements.
- Varying stance & starting position drills. Often, players will be put in awkward positions that they have to accelerate out of during games. These exercises will prepare you, so you can efficiently move on the basketball court.
- 10 speed drills from an athletic stance.
- 15+ speed drills from varying stances.
- 5 speed ball drills. These drills utilize tennis balls to improve acceleration, reaction, and hand-eye coordination.
Part 4 - Agility & Quickness
- These agility and quickness drills will teach your players how to start, stop, and explode out of different positions. This will improve any basketball player's defensive and offensive skills.
- 40+ agility & quickness drills.
- Drills to teach angle cuts of 45, 90, & 135 degrees.
- Get back series. Alan goes through a series of drills that teach players different movements and techniques to recover on defense.
- Verbal & visual cues. Many great verbal and visual drills are used to enhance the player's ability to react.
Part 5 - Reactionary Drills
- Because basketball is a very reactionary sport, this section includes reactionary drills that will advance game performance.
- Hand-eye coordination drills. Alan also displays many great hand-eye coordination drills that will improve basketball skills like dribbling, catching, and rebounding.
- 25+ reactionary drills.
What Makes This DVD Unique?
- No fancy equipment needed. Alan simply uses tennis balls, cones, and medicine balls. You can easily implement all of these drills into your practice.
- There are over a hundred different exercises to choose from. As mentioned before, the variation and progression of drills will keep your team challenged and motivated to work hard and become a better team.
- Alan uses reactionary drills. Many coaches forget to train the reactionary component of basketball. Often times, players can run through static cone drills at amazing times, but when you add the reactionary component, they perform at lower levels. These drills will ensure that all of your players improve their reactionary skills that can be applied to game situations.
- The drills also challenge players to think quickly. In games, players don't have time to sit and think, otherwise, the play has already passed them by. These drills will accelerate their decision-making skills and improve the ability to make decisions during the game.
- The DVD gives you time for the drills to sink in. Rather than just showing the drill once for a few seconds, they will run completely through the drill which is great for coaches who may be new to the drills. For coaches who are not new to some of the drills, you can simply watch the DVD at 1.5x or 2.0x speed.
What Age Group Is This For?
Watch This Sample Video Snippet from the DVD
How Much Does it Cost?$39.95
60 Day Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason, your purchase is not what you expected, just send us a message and we'll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
If you'd like to order by telephone, call us at 1-866-846-7892 (toll free).
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Breakthrough Basketball, LLC.